Design and Planning
Thorough preparation enables Hardened Structures
to deliver a solution perfectly tailored
to our client needs.
"Our Clients priorities are our priorities"
- Company Mission Statement
A Hardened Structure Facility can be constructed in most localities, urban, suburban or rural. By its nature, a Hardened Structure is usually designed to perform its PRIMARY MISSION both during and after a war-like or criminal attack, a major natural disaster, or accidental/man-made emergencies.
We address these challenges by employing a Multi-Hazard Engineering methodology in our design and planning stages that not only recognizes individual hazards/threats sequentially, but also address all hazards/threats simultaneously as a problem of optimization under constraints. A Hardened Structures facility can be designed to protected against a wide range of threats including:
- HEMP/EMP to include solar flares
- Frontal Assault and Forced Entry
- Economic Collapse / Breakdown of Law & Order
- Ballistic / Blast Protection
- Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Explosive (CBRE) agents
a primary requirement and a significant part of the cost.
Along with the Client's particular living, function and storage requirements, designs can also incorporate active defense and manned and mechanical responses to reduce the effectiveness of any given threat while providing for individual/family long term living requirements.
All design work is performed by specially trained engineers. These specially designed firms provide specialized design services as part of the Hardened Structures Team.
Our Spectrum of Services include:
- Architecture and Programming
- Engineering (Structural, Civil, Mechanical & Electrical)
- Shelter Dynamics
- Asset Value Assessment
- Threat Hazard Assessment
- Vulnerability Assessment
- Full Risk Assessment
- Red Team Assault Evaluation (Ex-US Navy SEALS)
- Site Selection and Layout Design
- Building/Site Design Management
- Blast Effects and Mitigations
- HEMP/EMP shielding
- Chemical, Biological and Radiological Protective Measures
- Ventilation, Air Filtration and Sorbent Filtering Systems
- Sustainable, Alternative, Climatic and Solar Energy Designs
- Budgeting and Estimating
- Permitting and Local Jurisdiction Approval
- Full Construction Contracting ( †1 )
- Long Term Survivability, Food Storage and Equipment
- Shelter Commissioning
- Client Move-in and Start-up
Complete design build services are available or we can work with your general contractor.